Artwork by: Beach Don't Krill My Vibe
Why go plastic free?
All the plastic cups, bottles, bags, straws and takeaway containers that we use for just a few minutes,
use a material that has been designed to last forever.
• break up, not break down becoming permanent pollution
• are mostly downcycled (made into low grade product for just one more use) or sent to landfill or incinerated
• ‘escape’ from bins, trucks, events etc. to become ‘accidental litter’
• end up in waterways and the ocean, where scientists predict there will be more tonnes of plastic than tonnes of fish by 2050
• transfer to the food chain carrying pollutants with them
• increase our eco-footprint - plastic manufacturing consumes 6% of the world’s fossil fuels
Download your own personal action plan and tick off the 'Infiltrators' as you remove them form your life...